Formal Requests for Bids, Quotations and Proposals
City of Santee invites qualified vendors or contractors to bid on products or services listed below. The notices are published in the East County Californian and occasionally in the San Diego Union-Tribune at least 10 days before the bid opening date.
Bids, quotations and proposals are required to be submitted on city proposal forms and returned in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with the bidder’s name and the city’s bid number. They may be mailed or hand delivered to the City Clerk’s Office at 10601 Magnolia Avenue, Santee, CA 92071. Facsimiles are not accepted. Late submittals will be returned unopened as the city will not accept bids received after stated deadlines.
It is the bidder’s responsibility to ensure the most complete and current version of the bid document has been downloaded or otherwise obtained, including any addenda. Bids received without acknowledgement of applicable addenda may be rejected.
City's Vendor List
To receive email notifications about future bid opportunities, submit your company contact information or letter of introduction by e-mail or by mail to City of Santee 10601 Magnolia Avenue, Santee, CA 92071 Attention: Purchasing.
RFP Area 3 Landscape Maintenance
- Department:City Council, Board, Commission and Committees, City Attorney, City Clerk, City Manager, Community Services, Development Services, Finance, Fire & Emergency Services, Human Resources
- RFP Number:RFP 19-20 40015
- Start Date:07/18/2019 8:00 AM
- Close Date:08/15/2019 2:30 PM
The City of Santee (“City”), in San Diego County, CA, is inviting sealed proposals for LANDSCAPE AND HORTICULTURAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR AREA 3 – LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE DISTRICTS (LMDs) and COMMUNITY FACILITY DISTRICT (CFD 2015-1) per Request for Proposals (RFP) #19/20-40015.
WORK TO BE DONE: The City of Santee, hereinafter referred to as “City”, is seeking to find a professional firm to develop and implement a comprehensive LANDSCAPE AND HORTICULTURAL MANAGEMENT PLAN for LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE DISTRICTS and COMMUNITY FACILITIES DISTRICTS throughout the City.
BID DUE DATE: Thursday, August 15, 2019 by 2:30 PM in the Office of the City Clerk, 10601 Magnolia Avenue, Building 3, Santee, CA 92071. Late bids will be returned unopened.
RFP DOCUMENTS may be examined and obtained on the City’s website at www.cityofsanteeca.gov Bid Opportunities, requested from Jan Sherar, Procurement Specialist, at email@example.com , or picked up in the City’s Finance Department.
MANDATORY PRE-PROPOSAL MEETING: Thursday, August 1, 2019 beginning at 1:00 PM at Santee City Hall Council Chambers, 10601 Magnolia Avenue, Building 2, Santee, CA 92071.
BONDS: Bid Guarantee/Bond: 10%;
ONLY upon award of contract: Performance Bond: 100%; and
Payment Bond (Material and Labor) Bond: 100%
LICENSES, PERMITS and/or CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: (at time of submitted RFP)
- State of California Contractors License Classification C-27,
- State of California Recycled Water Site Supervisor Certification,
- State of California Qualified Applicator License,
- State of California Qualified Applicator Certificate and
- State of California Department of Industrial Relations (CA DIR) Public Works Contractor Registration
- California Landscape Contractors Association Certified Water Manager,
- ISA Certified Tree Worker,
- California Landscape Contractors Association Landscape Industry Certified Technician
- Certified Landscape Maintenance, Construction and Irrigation Technician(s)
- Certified Water Auditors and Reclaimed Water Site Supervisor(s)
- Certified Irrigation Manager(s)
- California Landscape Contractors Association
- California Landscape Contractors Association Expert Certified Water Manager.
Santee Business License (required upon award of the contract)
SB854 and Labor Code sections 1725.5 and 1771.1: Contractors and subcontractors must be registered with State of California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) to be able to bid, be awarded and perform this public works contract. Information about these requirements and the new public works program regarding registration, compliance monitoring, administration and enforcement of prevailing wage laws are available on the DIR website at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html
PREVAILING WAGE RATES: Yes per http://www.dir.ca.gov/oprl/pwd/
CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE: Yes, upon award of Contract.
QUESTIONS pertaining to this RFP must be submitted in writing to Jan Sherar, Procurement Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile (619) 562-1046 by Monday, August 5, 2019 by 10:00 AM