Big Rock Park, Deputy Ken Collier Neighborhood Park, Mast Park, Shadow Hill Park, Sky Ranch Park and Woodglen Vista Park: Dawn to dusk.
West Hills Park and Town Center Community Park: Dawn to 10:00 pm. (Sports Complex until 11:00 p.m.)
No park use after hours. (SMC12.28.070)
Rules and Regulations
• Beer and wine are permitted in parks. Alcohol is not permitted at Mast Park or Town Center Community Park Monday through Friday without a City-issued permit. Liquor is not permitted in any Santee park. (SMC 12.28.040 and 12.28.220)
• Glass containers or keg beer are not allowed in any Santee Park, unless a permit is obtained from the Community Services Department. (SMC 12.28.040 and 12.28.220)
• Picnic shelters and other park facilities are available on a first come, first served basis unless previously reserved by a City-issued permit. (SMC 12.28.030) Park Reservation Fees
• Inflatables, air jumps, outdoor apparatus and petting zoos are allowed in selected park areas by permit only. Horses, ponies or other hooved animals are not allowed on park grounds, except on the equestrian trail in Mast Park.
• It is unlawful to operate any model airplane or flying device with or without remote control within any city park or recreation area unless a permit is obtained from the Community Services Department.
• No smoking allowed within the boundaries of the playgrounds or tot lots. (Health and Saf. Code section 104495)
• No smoking allowed within 20 feet of main entrances, exits and operable windows of public buildings. (Gov. Code sections 19994.30, 19994.33)
• Permits can be obtained at the Community Services Department Office, 10601 Magnolia Avenue, Building 6. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. The office is closed on weekends and most holidays.
• Fires are permitted only in barbeque grills. (SMC 12.28.120)
• All vehicles must remain on designated paved areas and parking lots. (SMC 12.28.170 and 12.28.290)
• No person shall play or practice golf or swing any golf club within the premises of any City park. (SMC 12.28.140)
• Please place all trash and litter in trash cans.
• Pets must be on a leash at all times with the exception of designated days, times and locations. (SMC 12.28.190)
• All pet waste must be properly disposed.
Instructors and Businesses Using Park Property
Pet owners are allowed to take their pets to Big Rock Park, Mast Park and Woodglen Vista Park to let their pets exercise without being constricted by a leash during specified days and times subject to the following rules:
• Dogs must be licensed.
• Dogs must be under effective voice control.
• Owner must clean up after pet.
• Dogs must be prevented from biting or harassing any person or another animal.
• Dogs must be kept out of playground and landscape areas, sports courts and picnic areas.
Animal Control: (619) 236-4250
Park Information: (619) 258-4100 ext. 222
Park Maintenance: (619) 258-4195 ext. 100