Town Center Specific Plan
In October 1986, the City of Santee completed a focused effort to plan for the development of property in its geographic core. The Town Center Specific Plan establishes guidelines for creating a people- and transit-oriented hub for commercial, civic and residential uses along the San Diego River.
- Table of Contents
- Land Use Plan Map
- Land Use Matrix
- Land Use Plan
- Design Manual
- Implementation Program
Subsequent amendments have modified or clarified aspects of the original Specific Plan:
- Amendment 87-01 amended the Office/Professional land use designation to allow additional Light Industrial uses
- Amendment 88-01 removed a 35’ height limit, prohibited Supermarkets, added on Office/Professional overlay, and permitted Museums as conditionally approved use
- Amendment 89-01 revised signage provisions.
- Amendment 92-01 added private and public clubs as a conditional use.
- Amendment 93-04 revised sign regulations & removed certain property along Mission Gorge Road between Cottonwood Avenue and Magnolia Avenue
- Amendment 98-01 added gas stations as a conditionally approved use.
- Amendment 00-01 established an Office Park Overlay
- Amendment 01-01 added libraries as a conditionally permitted use.
- Amendment 01-02 established an R-22 land use designation and a Residential/Institutional Overlay and added athletic and health clubs as permitted uses in commercial areas.
- Amendment 02-01 changed land use designation on two parcels on Cuyamaca Street/River Park Drive from commercial to residential.
- Amendment 04-01 established Riverview Master Plan
- Amendment 07-02 removed Mission Creek subdivision.
- Amendment 09-01 added R-30 land use designation
- Amendment 12-1 changed the land use designation specified properties.
- Amendment 15-1 amended sign regulations within the River View Office Park area